Monday, February 17, 2014

Self Motivation // Getting Things Done


Good morning everyone!
How's your President's Day going so far? I've been enjoying this nice, sunny Monday off. Homework, writing to family and coffee has been my day so far. Getting things done on days off are so hard for me. I need to be really motivated. Since I need this boost, I figured I'd share with you how I motivate myself to get things done on a relaxing day off.
Getting Things Done
1. Make a list the night before of all the things you wish to complete the next day. Include things for work/school, cleaning, running errands, exercising, etc. 
2. Wake up at a comfortable time for you. If you're an early bird, then get up as early as you want (as long as you're not losing sleep). Don't sleep too late though, because then you're "wasting daylight" as my lovely papa always says. 
3. Wash your face or take a shower. I do this to wake myself up a little more and because I like starting off the day with a nice clean slate, if you will. 
4. Eat a good, healthy breakfast and stay hydrated. Maybe swap the Fruit Loops for Cheerios or the McDonalds breakfast sandwich for some freshly made eggs. 
5. Review your list and prioritize what you want to get done first. I like to do the harder things first so they're out of the way. For instance, if I have to clean my room or go to Target to get some things for my bathroom, I'm going to pick clean my room so I don't put it off until later and never end up doing it.
6. Start working! If it's homework, put your phone in a different room and avoid distractions. If you're cleaning, maybe turn on some fun music to lighten the mood and make it more enjoyable. 
7. The things I love most about getting things done is the feeling after, when I can cross it off my list. I feel like I used my time effectively and wisely and didn't waste a day watching Gossip Girl on Netflix (as much as I love doing that)!
8. Make sure you reward yourself for managing your time and completing all your tasks. Maybe buy yourself some ice cream or do some online shopping (my personal favorite). Do whatever makes you happy since you just finished everything you had to do!
Go You!!!
xoxo, 
Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment