Sunday, March 9, 2014

Things That Make Me Smile

Hey guys! So I've been slacking on posting lately… :( but I figured to make it up to you I'd do a fun post on the weekend! Today I wanna talk about things that really make me happy and bring joy into my life. So let's get started!
Happiness is…
- Family. I love spending time with my family. A ton of people say they wish they could pick their family, but I'm perfectly content with my lovely bunch! We are loud and crazy and we have our ups and downs, but the love never stops (and neither do the hugs and kisses)!
- Warm tea. After a long day at school and crew, I love to come home and take a shower and make myself a hot cup of tea. Usually before bed I drink chamomile because it doesn't have caffeine and in the mornings I drink peppermint to wake me up. It is so relaxing just the feeling you get when the warmth goes through your body and you're instantly calmer.
- A good book. I love reading! It really relaxes me and I will get so enticed in a good book. My imagination runs wild and the characters come to life in their own little world. Reading a book with tea before bed, reading a book on the beach or even in school always relaxes me and brightens my day.
- Friends. I love spending time with friends and laughing with them and telling them everything. Sometimes you just have to talk to someone (but its that sorta thing your mom just wouldn't understand) and share your feelings so they're not bottled up inside you all the time. 
- Instagram. Social media is so fun! I love seeing what people are up to especially if its an old friend you rarely get to see. Keeping up with people is really a special thing and it kinda goes along with my friends making me happy.
- Flowers. Some nice blooms always cheer me up. They remind me of who got them for me and they're so colorful and pretty. They make my eyes super happy too!
- Dressing up. Putting together the perfect outfit and leaving your house feeling confident is probably one of the best feelings ever. I love feeling good about myself and knowing I am put together and stylish. 
- Music. I love listening to music and just letting my feelings out. There's not really a certain type I favorite- I like country, Jack Johnson, trap music or what's in the top charts. Music is my escape and listening to it really relaxes me or pumps me up.
- Mail. Getting mail makes me so happy. It really shows that someone is thinking about me and took the time to send me a cute handwritten letter. Coming home from school and seeing a cute letter addressed to me makes me so happy!

xoxo,
Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment