Saturday, March 1, 2014

Busy as a Bee

Oh my goodness gracious… It's been a week since I've posted! Where have I been? Well first off, my boat has won gold 3 times in under a month, so I guess you could say that takes some practice. Other than that, I've just been weighed down with schoolwork.
Enough with excuses! Today I wanna talk about time management (seems to be something I'm lacking in a little).

1. Prioritize. Do you really need to go online and buy another bathing suit or do you need to open your Bio book for that test tomorrow? Think about what is the most important, and when you've completed these tasks, reward yourself by shopping (or whatever floats your boat!)
2. Set a timer. If you need to clean the kitchen and you set the timer for 30 minutes, you'll probably finish in under 30 minutes; it motivates you to work faster and focus instead of picking up your phone and going on Instagram.
3. Take a break. Set aside 10-15 minutes (and no more) to regroup and give yourself a break. Sometimes we get flustered with all the things we have to do, so give yourself 10 minutes to drink some tea and sort things out.
4. Write down your goals. Think of everything you need to get done that day and write them down. This motivates me to finish them so I can cross them off my list at the end of the day feeling like I actually did something productive. 
5. Wake up early. Studies say we get the most things done in the morning. It may seem weird or false, but don't question your ability to accomplish something, no matter what time it is. I also feel like there's more hours in the day when I wake up early.
6. Turn off electronics. I can never get schoolwork done if my phone is sitting next to me. I always get distracted and end up going on Pinterest for too long. Make sure you focus on your work right now and nothing else that may seem to be important. Be in the "here and now" aspect so you can complete your tasks.
Hope this helps y'all manage your time a little better!
xoxo,
Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment